AFCON 2023 Fashion: AKWABA style

02:49

 HAPPY 2024 🎊🎉🎆

Long time no see. I am glad to write this post after a LONG time but first I would like to wish you a great new year, healthy body & soul and plenty of adventures.

I just came back from Côte d'Ivoire for the holidays and I really enjoyed that country and the hospitality of the locals. I look forward to sharing with you.

As the world know, the Africa Cup of Nations 23 (AFCON) started on Saturday January 13th 2024 and will run until Sunday February 11th 2024 in Côte d'Ivoire in five cities: Abidjan, Yamoussoukro (Capital city), San Pedro, Korhogo, Bouaké. The opening ceremony was lovely and I am happy for the Ivorian national team (Les Elephants) for winning against Guinea Bissau. Well done! 

But I would like to go back to when the qualified teams landed in Côte d'Ivoire with the most creative, ethnic and fashionable attires showing proudly their culture.

Here are my favourite ones 💛 Photos source AFCON

#5. Senegal, the Lions of Teranga.

#4. Guinea, National Elephants!

See the video from Brut Africa here.


#3. Ghana, the Black Stars as Akan kings.

#2. Nigeria!!!

#1. Mali, The Eagles as Mandingue Kings

A video of the Malian national team arrival in Korhogo, Côte d'Ivoire

Unfortunately there were some less appealing styles; such as my brothers from DR Congo. I found the look too casual.

Photo source

And for Cameroon, a bit too standard but that is just my opinion. Each team as the freedom to do as they wish. Most important is who will win the tournament. 

And you, which style did you like the most?
Share in the comment section :)

Happy Africa Cup of Nations 23 !

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Let's connect

Translate