Lake Louise - Banff National Park

00:35


 One of the thing that makes me happy about living in Alberta is definitely the National Parks. So far I have only visited one part of Banff National Park and I do my best to go there once a year. It's my happy place. The scenery is breathtaking, the mountains, lakes... whoa! A real masterpiece. God is the best artist ever. Nature has so much beauty.

About a month ago, my friends and I went to Banff National Park because I let them know that I was dreaming of canoeing on my 2 favourite lakes in Banff; Moraine Lake and Lake Louise.

They were interested and we ended up going to Lake Louise which is 183 km from Calgary, we drove for about 2 and half hours to get there. 
It was a cold day but we conquered the windy weather. There were about 16 of us. One part of the group went hiking and the others jumped on the canoes with me. 

This was my first time canoeing and I was so terrified that I almost didn’t go on the canoe. 
My fear was not about to drowning, not at all. It was about how cold the water was. 
Then something in my head reminded me that fear is a liar.

My fear went away after I was on the canoe paddling for about 5 minutes. I even dared taking a selfie. 
My friend and I paddled for more than an hour to reach the other side of the lake. The wind was strong making it difficult to go faster. 

Yay, we made it to the other end of the lake - View of The Fairmont Hotel.

Thanks to the people that work hard to maintain those parks and keep them clean and safe. We live in a very beautiful country.
If you want to see more captivating photographs of Alberta or Canada, check these Instagram accounts @travelalberta  and @explorecanada

I'm so thankful for my friends that organized this road-trip, one of my dream came true. I'm so glad I did it and I was proud of myself for overcoming my fear.
I can now check Canoeing on Lake Louise off of my bucket list. 

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram @theblossommuse for more adventures. 
Xo

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These pictures are aboslutely stunning! I am so glad that you conquered your fear and I like your quote that fear is a liar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nadeen. Wish you to visit this place someday.

      Delete

Total Pageviews

Let's connect

Translate